Wednesday 11 June 2008

Maroon 5 and Rihanna remix single

Multi-platinum Grammy winning artists MAROON 5 and RIHANNA have recorded a stunning new rendition of Maroon 5�s �If I Never See Your Face Again.� The song, which impacts radio on May 12 and will be available on digitally in May, will also be added to re-issued versions of both Maroon 5�s platinum-plus-selling new album It Won�t Be Soon Before Long (JULY) and Rihanna�s Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded, (JUNE 17th). The two recently shot a rich, eye-popping video for the song in Los Angeles with director Anthony Mandler (Fergie, 50 Cent, Jay-Z).
"Rihanna is the real deal,� says Maroon 5 lead vocalist/guitarist Adam Levine. �'Umberella' made me excited about pop music again and we wanted to add that unique tone to the song. The minute she started singing in the studio I knew it was going to work. Her physical presence is undeniable and the concept of the video is amazing and unlike anything either of us have ever done."
�I�ve always been a fan of Maroon 5,� adds Rihanna. �I love the energy of the song and the lyrics are badass, so I was psyched to do it.� About the video shoot, she says, �It was a fun, but it was difficult to get serious for the seductive scenes because Adam and I are friends. We would bust out laughing on every other shot�that was the best part.�